Controller Academy - Learn how to become a Corporate Controller
6-Hours video lectures + Downloadable Excel + Practice Quizzes. This Course Will Put You On Your Way To Controllership
What you get:
- Video lectures 📺 to show you (via real life examples) what you need to know to become a Corp Controller, by Bill Hanna. Previously priced at $700
- Bonus: Excel Downloads of my most used Accounting templates, valued at $400
- Certificate of Graduation: Once you complete the lectures (6 hours total) and pass multiple choice quizzes
Total value offered $1,100 Yours today for $399
Lock in your price, before price increases as I am adding new content (lectures)
This is a 6-hour online course that will show you how to be a Corporate Controller.
After watching the lectures and passing the multiple choice quizzes, you should be able to progress your career toward a Controller or Assistant Controller, dependent on where you are on the promotion ladder.
This course will be launched in installments as follows:
Module 1 - The Accounting Equation (an intro to EVERYTHING)
Module 2 - How To Record Transactions
Module 3 - Period End Close
Module 4 - Financial Statement Analysis
Module 5 - Accounts Payable Operations
Who is this course ideal for?
I explain Accounting from scratch and in plain English. This allows anyone to follow the material. Most of my students are Accounting students, professionals (ranging from Staff Accountant to Controller), CFOs, and even business owners.
What is the prerequisite/prior knowledge needed for this program?
High school or equivalent is sufficient. If you have an Accounting class/work experience it could help you progress faster, but not required for this program.
Is this course on-demand?
Yes, you can watch & study the course on your own pace. Each of the 5 modules is broken down to 1-10 minutes lectures that are easy to understand and explained in Bill's famous way of breaking down the concepts.
What do I get?
1) 6-hours of video lectures, where I show you how to perform a Controller's job, based on my experience.
2) Lifetime access to the material.
3) Downloadable Excel files so you can visualize the work we will do together.
4) Certificate of graduation 🎉
What if I have a question?
Just email me ([email protected]) and I will do my best to get back to you.
Will I get a certificate of graduation?
Yes! After watching the lectures and passing a few multiple choice quizzes (you can re-take them, it's only to designed to get you thinking)
1000s of Accountants have taken my course and swear by it!
My students range from new Accounting graduates to Controllers. The material is easy to follow and I explain the Accounting process from scratch!
My Students transformed their careers
Beth used the knowledge she gained from my course and got promoted to an Assistant Controller within 6 months!
- M 1 - Why we need Accounting - HD 1080p (2:10)
- M 1 - What Financial Statements I use in my business - HD 1080p (3:26)
- M 1 - How transactions end up on the financial statements (flow of data) - HD 1080p (2:42)
- M 1 - In one Phrase, the objective of the Accountant... - HD 1080p (2:20)
- M 1 - Intro to Journal Entries - HD 1080p (1:57)
- M 1 - 2 Methods to Understand Debits & Credits - HD 1080p (2:06)
- M 1 - DEALER Method vs. The Accounting Equation Method - HD 1080p (7:30)
- M 1 - Example Journal Entries Recording - HD 1080p (5:45)
- M 1 - Example business; watch how transactions end up on the financial statements (16:36)
- Quiz 1-1
- Quiz 1-2
- M2 Lecture 1: Module II Overview (3:15)
- M2 Lecture 2: Billing Intro and Revenue Streams (2:43)
- M2 Lecture 3: Billing: Customer Setup (5:33)
- M2 Lecture 4: Billing: Setup Products For Sale (4:16)
- M2 Lecture 5: Setup Chart of Accounts (19:01)
- M2 Lecture 6: Billing: Set up Sales Taxes (5:13)
- M2 Lecture 7: Process To Configure Billing For New Customers (2:10)
- Help me? Write a Review
- M2 Lecture 8: Billing: Frequency & Source of Data (3:46)
- M2 Lecture 9: Billing: Create Invoices (3:02)
- M2 Lecture 10: Billing: Receive Cash and close out invoices (4:12)
- M2 Lecture 11: Billing: Accounting Impact (3:03)
- M2 Lecture 12: Cost of Sales (Software Company) (4:59)
- M2 Lecture 13: Payroll Overview (2:52)
- M2 Lecture 14: Payroll: How to process it (6:21)
- M2 Lecture 15: Payroll: Accounting for payroll costs (4:59)
- M2 Lecture 16: Payroll: Journal Entry Recording (13:25)
- M2 Lecture 17: Server Cost with AWS & How to Record Vendor Bill (Cost of Sales) (7:31)
- M2 Lecture 18: How To Pay/Close Vendor Bill (2:31)
- M2 Lecture 19: Operating Expenses, Prepaid Expenses (11:54)
- M2 Lecture 20: Employee Expenses (5:55)
- M2 Lecture 21: Equity How To Create & Manage The Cap "Capitalization Table" (11:45)
- M2 Lecture 22: Equity How to Record Investment From Founders (9:58)
- M2 Lecture 23: Equity How To Calculate & Record Option Expense (10:53)
- Quiz 2-1
- Quiz 2-2
- M3 Lecture 1 Intro to period end close (3:58)
- M3 Lec 2 How to come up with close procedures (11:50)
- M3 Lecture 3 Bank Reconciliation (8:20)
- M3 Lecture 4 How to close Revenue (6:39)
- M3 Lecture 5 Revenue Accrual Adjustments (8:58)
- M3 Lectture 6 Expense Accrual Payroll Accruals (11:11)
- M3 Lecture 7 Prepaid Expenses (6:05)
- M3 Lecture 8 Deferred Rent (8:24)
- M3 Lecture 9 Allowance for doubtful accounts (6:00)
- M3 Lecture 10 Expense Accruals (9:34)
- M3 Lecture 11 Sales Commission Capitalization (8:06)
- M3 Lecture 12 AR Aging review, Depreciation, Equity Reconciliation etc (9:43)
- M3 Lecture 13 Year end close special considerations (2:15)
- Download the Financial Statements before/after month close
- Refer a friend and get 25% commission!!!
- Download period end reports here
- Quiz 3-1
- Quiz 3-2
- M5 Lecture 1 Accounts Payable Process Overview (3:21)
- M5 Lecture 2 Procure-to-Pay System Selection (5:46)
- M5 Lecture 3 TeamPay Overview and Rule Setting (5:40)
- M5 Lecture 4 How to request a PO (2:49)
- M5 Lecture 5 How a PO is approved (1:38)
- M5 Lecture 6 How to match PO with vendor invoice (3:17)
- M5 Lecture 7 Pay vendor invoices (1:10)
- Quiz 5-1